Born in Stolin, Poland, in 1909 for a 12 children family. After his school graduation, Lipchitz was active in Zionist frames in his home town and as an autodidact painter. He spent 1933-1935 in Paris, France.
In 1935 he immigrated to Israel and settled down in T.A.
In 1937 Lipchitz joined "The Ha'gana" organization and during the independence war was recruited to the IDF.
In 1951 he was one of the founders of "Group 10" and exhibited in all of its exhibitions.
In 1953 Lipchitz was one of the founders of the artist's village "Ein Hod", and in 1970 joined as a member to the artist's city in Zefad and also served as its chairman. In 1964 he exhibited along with the "Tatspit" group.
1944 The studio of Aaron Avni, Tel Aviv
1945-1948 The studio of Shtreichman and Stimatski, Tel Aviv
1951-1952 Education program in the Art school "Grand Schumer", Paris, France
Lipchitz's early work prior his immigration to Israel was not saved. It contained décor
works, sets, figurative aquarelle paintings and more. After his immigration, Lipchitz
was influenced by "Paris school" and changed his painting style to Expressive.
During the 50's, one can see in his art works the influence of "New Horizons" group.
Lipchitz's art works had landscapes descriptions and contents made in free
brushstrokes, using contour lines and décor forms.
1958 Dizengoff Prize
1968 The Israeli Histadrut labor federation
1988 Art and painting Prize, The Histadrut federation
His art works can be found in many important museums and collections in Israel and Abroad.